- China Vice President “Vows to look after stock market investors”
- China equity market calmer as we head to Chinese New Year (see our previous post here https://globalbulliontimes.com/2016/01/19/dollar-strength-markets-kryptonite/)
- Japan Nikkei recovered almost 1000 points in a day
- Draghi soothes the market with talks of more will be done
- Bets on further stimulus from global central banks spurred market confidence
- Short covering rally underway but is this here to stay?
- We are wary that the equity rout is not over yet
- Quote on Quote – ECB MARCH could just be another shambles
- Some how, all extremely negative news is not so extreme anymore
- Significant improvement in sentiment among the risk-on camp as the VIX fear index sell off and the German Bunds also retreated after posting new high
- Oil managed to ease selling pressure with short covering rally – can this snap back higher now?
- UK retail sales fail to induce confidence in Sterling recovery but momentum of the crowd is to cover shorts
GBP/USD – We will do a GBP/USD write up to cover the weekly in detail
Copper – Our daily update has been showcasing why we see short term bounce